The Evil Queen's Beautiful Principles - 2

 




The Princess and the Past Life




It's been a week since I started living in the tower.


"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"


With my scream, there was the sound of something falling with a bang and cracking.

Aaaaah…

When I looked back fearfully, I saw that the shelf attached to the wall had fallen and the glass on top was broken.


“Bufo…gebo…gebo…”


I coughed as the dust flew up.

Ever since I started living in the tower, I've been cleaning every day.

And after much struggling, I managed to finish the bedroom.


And now, I'm in the middle of cleaning up the living room.

The room itself is not that big, and to be honest, I thought, ‘This will be over soon!’ But the room is much dirtier than I had imagined, and more importantly, the small limbs of a child are difficult to move.

I thought it would be easy to do with the memories of my previous life, but the reality was quite harsh.


...Yes, I had memories of my previous life from the moment I was born.

I was born and raised in a country called Japan.


Naturally, I was confused at first. I couldn't understand it.

After all, when I became aware, I was a baby.


I was born into a family that placed rather high importance on education, and despite the excessive expectations and pressure from my parents, I successfully graduated from university.

I got a job at a well known company, and I think I lived up to my parents' expectations.

And then, more than ten years later, my career was progressing smoothly, and I thought that my days would just pass by.


And yet, for some reason, I found myself as a baby.

Even after sleeping and waking up, I was still a baby.

I thought it was a dream, but there was no sign of it returning to reality.


…What the hell is going on here? I'm not sure how many times I've wanted to grab someone by the scruff of the neck and ask them such questions.


But alas, my body would not listen to me.

I looked around and saw people I didn't recognize and a scene that looked like it was from medieval Europe.

And every once in a while, I would see something out of the corner of my eye, a mysterious phenomenon called magic.


For a while, I kept thinking that it was a dream…


But after living here for a few years, you realize that this is real.


And so I accepted the life of Luxeria von Ascarid.


Or was it the other way around?

Luxeria von Askaried accepted the memories of a woman who was born and raised in Japan.


The memories of my previous life have brought me confusion, but thanks to them, I am somehow able to live alone in this tower.


In fact, by the standards of my previous life, this life is unparalleled.

After all, there is no rent and delicious meals are included.

The only thing I need to do is to take care of myself, including cleaning and laundry.


…It's a great life after all.


Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

…Who could it be?

I thought no one would ever visit this place.


Wondering this, I opened the door.

There was a girl about the same age as me standing outside.

A child with light red hair and striking green eyes.


…What's a pretty girl like her doing in a place like this?


“It’s nice to meet you. My name is Alicia. Are you Lady Luxeria?"


Nice to meet you? Was it really the first time?

I thought about it and nodded.


“Yes, yes. Yes, it is.”


"I see. So you're my master.”


I froze for a while, not understanding the meaning of the words she said.


"...M-master?"


“I was given the job of serving Lady Luxeria. I look forward to working for you."


"Wait, wait, wait! …First, come into the…"


I was just about to say that, when I remembered the state of the living room, I shut my mouth.

There was no way I was going to let her into a place where there was nowhere to stand.


…That being said, we couldn’t just stand here and talk…


“Wait here for a moment."


When I returned to the living room, I hurriedly gathered all the debris from the shelves and pieces of glass scattered on the floor in one place and hid them from view.

I could clean up the mess later.

Then I went back to the door and invited her in.


“Sit there for now.”


"Yes...but…"


When I saw her hesitation, I wondered if there was dust on the chair, and I inwardly panicked.


“I've been told that it's not a good idea to rest in front of your master…”


…Oh, good. It's not dust.


"Just sit down, please. It's hard to talk to you when you're standing up."


I inwardly breathed a sigh of relief at her words and asked her again.


"I'll sit down then…"


Again, I let out a sigh of relief.

If she continued to stand, she might see the wreckage from earlier.

I'm glad that I avoided that…


Next Chapter



Comments