The Evil Queen's Beautiful Principles - 3




 The Princess and the Apprentice Maid


Now that I am relieved, I look at her closely.

There's something wrong...

My magic is not activating against her.


"...... So, who told you to serve me?"


"Uh, the king. It's..."


"My father? Why in the world did my father send her..."


...I'm sure she's not the daughter of a nobleman, judging from her tone and attire. 

Is that why my father chose her to be my maid of honor, because it wouldn’t matter if she was in danger? 


I denied the thought after thinking about it.

…I didn't think my kind father would give such a ruthless order…


It is more likely that she is able to use some kind of magic, and because of that, he knew that my magic would not work on her, and he ordered her to come.


"Well…the king says that it's because I have more magic than other people. He also said that because I have no relatives, I could stay by your side forever.”


“Ahh…I knew it. But I'm sorry, I can't hire you here. You must return to the palace.”


"Why not? I don't want to lose my job!”


“I'll tell my father to make it easy for you. If you want a job, he can hire you at the palace.”


“...I can't do that.”


“You can’t? What do you mean, ‘you can’t’...?”


“...When I was told that I would be going to work in the tower, he said that his daughter would say this: ‘I'll tell my father to make it easy for you. If you want a job, he can hire you at the palace…’ But I cannot do that, even if she asks. Because I think that she needs you. If she behaves as I expect her to, I want you to say exactly what I say, word for word. I have no intention of employing Alicia anywhere but in the Tower. …That’s what the king said."


I was wondering why these words were suddenly coming out of her mouth, but they were my father's words.

But more importantly…


"Did you really just...repeat my father's order word for word?"


"Yes. Yes, I did.”


If she had spoken them word for word, she would have had an amazing memory.



But it seems that she doesn't know how great it is.

She tilted her head, which was cute…No. Now is not the time.


“It's a shame…that they won't hire you at the palace, when you have such a good memory. With your talent, you could do well elsewhere. …In fact, when you grow up, you should get a job where you can make use of your talent."


“I don't want to do that. I need money to live. …When will I be able to 'get a job where I can use my talents', as you say, my lady?"


We looked at each other for a while.

I saw the light of expectation in her eyes, despite her troubled expression. …No, she doesn't seem to want to back down.


I exhale softly.


"...I'll be honest with you and tell you why I don't want to hire you. I'm sure you'll withdraw on your own then. My magic…is called ‘Shiniki’, which means 'to affect the mind of another'.”


"Affects the minds of others?”


“Yes. Ever since I was born, I have always heard voices. The voices of the people who are not speaking. The ‘heart’s voice.’”


At first, I didn't think it was my magic.

If anything, I thought that it was something that everyone in this world could do.

…It was something I could do as a matter of course from the time I was born.


And right around that time, my mind couldn't keep up with being reborn, so I didn't have time to think deeply about the "voices."

I didn't realize that it was magic…


“I took it for granted that I could hear them… So I told my mother what she was thinking. And not just once, but many times."


The first time, she didn't pursue the matter, saying, ‘You're a very intuitive girl,’ but after several…conversations, she could no longer see it as a coincidence.

As a result, it was found out that I could use magic.


“After my magic was discovered, my relationship with the servants became awkward. If I get close to them, I will hear everything they want to hide or not say as the ‘heart’s voice.’ It's no wonder they avoided me and my eerie power.”


“And the king and queen?”


“No… Thankfully, they both love me. They may be afraid of my magic, but they still…love me."


I can hear the ‘heart’s voice.’

So, of course, I could hear the voices in my father's and mother's hearts.

It is true that they were afraid of my magic.

However, the voices in their hearts still whispered to me, ‘I love you.’

How grateful and happy I was to hear that.


"Then why do you live apart from the king and queen?"


"...Imagine it. Imagine the noise of hearing the true feelings of others that you don't want to hear all the time. It's easier to live in isolation, even if it's actually imprisonment.”


And because of the memories of my previous life, I can't get used to being served by others.

So, the imprisonment in the tower was a blessing in disguise.


"So that’s why you thought of living in a tower by yourself…? And you can't hire me?”


“Yes. That’s right.”


"But, Princess Luxeria, you don't hear my voice in your mind, do you?"


I froze for a moment at this sharp point.

…No. This reaction is the same as acknowledging what she said.


"What makes you think that?"


"Because you were surprised, Princess Luxeria. When I told you what the king had told me. I was thinking about his words and how you were saying what he thought you would say…”


…So there was no hiding it now.

Still, it was impressive that she noticed it.


“Yes, it’s true. For some reason, I can’t hear the voice of your heart. …In fact, I’m the one who wants to ask you the reason.”


“The reason? Uh…”


“What magic do you use?”


“Umm… My magic is ‘contradiction.’ I can make protective barriers and can also attack with them. But I haven’t used magic for a long time.”


“I’ve met someone who could create barriers before, but he was not able to block my magic. …Now, Alicia. Would you try unleashing your magic energy towards me?”


“What? Are you sure?”


She said. It seemed that she did not want to do it.


“Yes, I give you permission. No, I am requesting that you do it.”


I added, as if to encourage her.


Next Chapter


Comments