Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru 115 part 1

 


Episode 115 - The Demon Army




Not long ago, there was a three-story building called the Cultivation Centre.

But now, the land is just a pile of rubble.

There were clouds of dust in the air.


The square was a hellish scene of screaming and hollering.

Some people collapsed and moaned in agony, while others screamed and ran for cover.

We watched the scene from the woods, stunned.


And then Lucia pulled my hand tightly.


“Let's hurry.”


Damn it, she's right.

What was I waiting for?

Every minute, every second is precious now.


Everyone is still invisible.

The only person who can see them is me, who is casting Sea Invisibility.

How nice it would be if I could cast this spell on my friends, too...


At any rate, I put my hands out in front of me and took Alice's hand, who was wobbling around like a zombie, saying ‘Uhhh-ohhh, where are you, Kazu?’

I asked her to cast a healing spell.

The pain in my shoulder disappears.


“Everyone, stay put. I'll take your hands and we'll regroup.”

"Hmm. Are you going to play some kind of sick prank on me?|

“Stop trying to ruin my reputation!”


That kind of harassment I would do to Alice and Tamaki blatantly.

Actually, it's not harassment if it's consensual.


After bonking Mia on the head, we all held hands.

Once again, I had Greater Invisibility and Fly from the Deflection Spell cast on everyone.


We then soared into the sky.

I glance down at the rubble ruins of the Cultivation Centre.

And I catch a glimpse of a grave in the back.


It's the grave we built.

It was the grave of Akane Shimoyamada, who had died in the operation I had led due to my lack of strength and mistakes.

I muttered goodbye to her in my mind.


As I fly to the east, where the high school is located, I look to the north side of the mountain.

The entirety of the flying island was about to pass over the top of the mountain.

It was still dropping and scattering monsters.


"Aren't those monsters going to die?”

"Look closely, Kazu-san. When you get closer to the bottom, there is something fluffy there like leaves.”


So that's what it is.

It's magic, isn't it?

I mean, is that...?


"Soft Landing?"

“Hmm. Looks like it.”


Soft Landing is the first rank of wind magic.

As the name suggests, it allows you to land slowly and safely from a high place.

This is the only magic that can do that, but depending on how you use it, you can create paratroopers.


In other words, that floating fortress island is a flying landing craft.

And it has a high-mega particle cannon.

It is a perfect assault ship that combines mobility and striking power.


“Still, to cast Soft Landing on so many enemies, there must be a magic user on it.”

"It's probably the work of a mage ogre." 


Lucia said.


“Mage Ogres use sleep magic and cold magic. They can also use Fly. There are also rumors that they can transform into various forms.”


Woah, that sounds a lot more annoying than Arachne's mages.

I mean, to begin with…


“What are ogres like?”

"An ugly, savage giant with a single horn on its forehead. But it's only a little larger than the size of an orc.”


The giant that Mia and I fought in the daytime was about four meters tall.

So it was about half the size of that.

But there are far too many of them.


“However, their physical strength is said to be as strong as three or four orcs. They wear leather armor and are hunchbacked, but their hands are long and they are armed with swords and shields. You should expect a considerable reach."


Okay, so it's literally a demon.

No wonder the words translate so smoothly.

I feel that they are rougher than hobgoblins, but more powerful.


“What about their brains?”

“Ogres are not as instinct-driven as orcs, but they are not as disciplined as hobgoblins. However, when there is a mage in command, they can carry out organized maneuvers.”


I see, so mage ogres are smart.

Orcs are smart, too.

In this world, there might be a template that those who use magic are smart.


Speaking of which, those of us who can't use magic....

I glanced at Tamaki.


“I think Kazu-san is staring at me for some reason.|


How sharp.


“I don't like it, Kazu-san. You're making me blush.”

"Well, Tamaki-chan. I think Kazu-san is... No, it's nothing.”


Alice seems to have sensed something.

But she smiled and shook her head.

She cared about her friends.


"Lucia. If there are any other strengths of the floating fortress that you know of, please let me know now.”

“I'm sorry, but that's all I know. The moment it was discovered that the royal capital had been invaded, I was forced to flee at the teleportation gate.”


I see, well, that's true.

It's the royal capital, there must be sorcerers who can create a teleportation gate.


But the rest of the royal family didn't escape?

Did they share their fate with the country?


“Normally, the magic of a teleportation gate consumes a lot of mana. It is a magic that cannot be used by one person, but by several high-ranking magicians using a combination of rituals. Even with the blessing of the World Tree, Lean is a person of exceptional ability.”


She must have interpreted my silence, as Lucia took the initiative to explain it to me.

It meant that they could only afford to let Lucia escape alone.

The ruined kingdom, more than the king or anyone else, was betting everything on the survival of Lucia, its future warrior.


The teleportation gate is essentially that kind of magic.

In spite of this, Lean was able to control it with such ease.


In a way, I wonder if she's much more of a cheat than we are.

The first sorceress we got to know was none other than Lean...

And I didn't really have anyone to compare her to.


Comments

  1. you open for picking up novel suggest ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you pick up that seres https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tsuihou-sareta-bannou-mahou-kenshi-wa-koujou-denka-no-shishou-tonaru/ ? . raws https://ncode.syosetu.com/n8670fo/

      Delete
  2. Aye. Someone actually picked this up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment