Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru 116 part 2



Wind Search, a rank 6 wind magic, is a magic that sends out ultrasonic waves like sonar and uses their echoes to search the surroundings.

It can be useful for finding people.


“Th-that is dangerous!”

"But what if I don’t mind putting myself in harm's way?"


After being stared down by his sister, who was five years younger than him, Yuki-senpai flinched and backed down.

I think that I heard before that Mia is his weakness, and apparently, that's completely true.


"You are the commander. You will lead the retreat here. Understood?"

"All right…"


Yuki-senpai’s shoulders drooped.

Mia looked up at me and said, ‘So there it is. I'm going to go now.’


"Wait, Mia. It's dangerous for you to go alone. Take Tamaki with you.”

"Yes, you're right. You'll be fine if I'm with you!”


Tamaki said proudly.

Ah, now I'm starting to feel a little uneasy...

No, no. Besides, I want to keep Alice, who can use healing magic, close at hand.


“I understand. I'll make good use of Tamaki then.”

“Good. Mia, we’re counting on you.”

“Huh? So I'm the one being used?”


After casting Greater Invisibility, Mia and Tamaki used Fly to take off towards the northeast.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure it'll be fine with Mia.

And now...


"Lean. Set up the transfer gate while you still can. Me, Alice, and Lucia will..."


I looked up at the sky and saw dozens of monsters flying towards us.

They were the advance party that Lucia had talked about.


Ogres.

From what I could see from here, it was a giant that was about three meters tall with reddish brown skin.

And it had a single horn on its forehead.


And from his half-open mouth, I could see his sharp, wolf-like fangs.

His nose was crushed, his face ugly, and his eyes glowed red with ferocity.

It was indeed a red demon.


Its weapons were a long spear and a round shield.

He was wearing crude leather armor.

He looked like someone who would form a phalanx with about three hundred others.


Ah, but if giants like that formed a phalanx, it would be very tough for us.

Alice's spear would be outmatched by its reach.

It seemed that Lucia's magic was the only way to counter them.


“It kind of feels like cheating when those with great physical skills use group tactics.”

''Yes, individuals with strong physical strength taking coordinated group action. It was extremely effective. I've heard that our elven army had no way to counter it. If you are the people of light, you might be able to do something about it by specializing in guerrilla tactics in the forest…”


I see. I nodded to Lucia's words.

It would be suicidal for weak humans to challenge them head on in a battle.


“How did your country’s  army counter them, Lucia?

“With bows and arrows from afar. Magic is also effective. We tried to fight a war of attrition from the inside of the fort. But even that was impossible when we were attacked from the air…"


Indeed.

No matter how solid the fort is, it will be like a tower on sand against an enemy that attacks from the sky.

No, in this world, countermeasures against flying units may have been worked out, but...


I'll ask about that another time.

Right now, the question is how to deal with the enemy in front of us.


According to my count, there are a little less than thirty ogres coming towards us.

I'm not sure which one is the mage.

Ah, there is one wearing a robe and holding a staff, so maybe it’s that one?


In that case, one, two…there are four mages.

That was more than Lucia predicted.

In addition, there is a blue-skinned ogre that is larger than the others.


“That blue one is the Captain Ogre?”

"It looks like it."


So the Captain is a blue ogre.

All right, I have a general idea of the enemy's strength.

In the empty classroom behind us, a teleportation gate opens and students are swallowed into it one after another.


There were about fifty students from the high school who had gathered under Yuki's supervision.

Of those, only about thirty are here now.

A few of them are far away, and so three people had gone out in order to fetch them.


Then there was the team of six that Mia and Tamaki had gone to look for, who were supposed to be in the northeast.

We needed to buy as much time as we could before Mia and the others came back, but...


“I'll help you too!”


Keiko-san stepped forward.

Ah, the Greater Ninja's support would be very helpful.

To be honest, I don't know if I can take on the size of an ogre, but...


Keiko held a certain girl by the shoulders.

The color of her jersey suggests that she is a second year student.


“And this girl can also use fire magic, so let's take her with us!:

"Uh..."


I looked at the senior that Keiko-san had brought.

She was a slightly suspicious-looking girl with braided pigtails and round glasses.



"This is Yukino-chan."

“Itt-it's nice to meet you.”


The girl who called Yukino bowed her head to me.

Uh, but we were younger than her.

Well, never mind.


And so while Tamaki and Mia were removed from the party, we welcomed Keiko and Yukino instead.

They would realize that the party had broken up immediately.

But now we're a party of five.


“Lucia."


We left the main school building and headed to an open area.

It's our turn to make the first move.


The sky ogres are spread out, so it's not like they can be eradicated all at once, but…

I think it would be better to intercept them in the corner of the field, a little farther from the school building.


“The first move will be Fire Storm. Magic energy release. Triple.”

“Understood.”


Next Chapter




Comments