Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru 120 part 1

 


Chapter 120 - Ogre Phalanx 3



The Captain Ogre was a size larger than the others.

He was clad in metal body armor that shone golden in the setting sun, and he was holding a huge silver hammer in both hands.

I felt like I would be torn to pieces if I was so much as scratched by that thing.


And then there were those who took off into the sky.

They were all ogres with staffs in their hands.

They were four Mage Ogres.


The mages swung their staffs in unison from behind the Captain.

And then four streaks of white light hit us in the rearguard.

With a chill that seemed to freeze my skin, ice bullets the size of grains of rice rained down on me.


But we knew that the enemy would attack us with water magic.

And so we all had Water Res cast on us.


I didn't feel like I could get the timing for Reflection right, and so I quickly shielded my eyes with my arms.

The ice pellets hit my whole body.

I felt a dull pain and a sensation of cold air cutting through my skin.


It's not an unbearable pain.

To be honest, the Hellhound's flames were much worse.

Still...


"No! It hurts, help me!"


Yukino-san screamed.

She fell to the ground and flailed around.

Her whole body was covered in wounds.



Oh no, she's only level 10.

She's only a third of my level of 28.


If hit points increase with level ups, then the shock I feel is probably only a third of what she feels.

It's no wonder that what ‘hurt a little’ for me is terrible pain for her.


However, I didn't expect her to scream so much.

I bite my lip tightly.

What could I have done differently?


"The Captain is coming!"


Lucia shouts.

Yes, now was not the time for regrets.


“Els, two of you must intercept the Captain!”


I put two Greater Wind Elementals, which I had left as a rearguard protection, against the flying Captain Ogre.

The female-shaped familiars, made of translucent bodies, rose in an arc to intercept the leader of the ferocious ogres.

They clashed violently.


The Wind Elementals, which were actually rank 6 Warriors, seemed to be struggling against the Captain, even with two of them.

As expected... It's not going to be easy.

The Captain's rank was probably rank 7, and he probably had physical skills and other modifications as well.


Still, we can buy some time.

As long as we buy enough time, Alice and the others will be able to clean up the weaker enemies..

For that reason...


“Lucia, slow them down.”

"Yes. Flame Bind.”


The Captain Ogre's entire body is bound up with a rope of flames.

But right after that…

The mages behind the Captain unleashed their magic at once.


Four streaks of pale blue light flew at the Captain.

The moment the pale light struck, the rope of flame that bound the blue-skinned ogre was wiped away without a trace.


"Dispel... And it's like combining magic too!"


I had expected something like Dispel, but they even had ways of layering it so that it increased in power.

It was rank 5 binding magic, so I thought they would struggle more…

This was pretty bad, wasn’t it?


In the sky above, there was the Captain Ogre and four Mage Ogres.

And against them were two Greater Wind Elementals, me, Lucia, and Yukino-san.


Alice and Keiko are in a melee with a phalanx of fifteen or so Ogre troops.

It would be impossible for them to guard us.

In the first place, it was because the two of them were distracting the ogre horde, that things were still somehow in control.


Yukino-san was still lying on the ground.

She was in a lot of pain, and her spirit seemed to be breaking a little.

It seemed that she hadn’t gone through too many rough spots in the past...


"You’ll have to treat yourself."

"Yes, yes…”


Yukino-san used her fire magic rank 5 Flame Heal.

I'm sorry, but I can't allow Lucia to be distracted.

Right now, she was attacking the magic in the sky above us.


Now, I look up at the Captain Ogre, who is fighting with the two Wind Elementals.

I could think of several countermeasures.

Well... For now, I'll go with the safest method.



"Summon Greater Elements: Wind."


I summoned another Greater Wind Elemental and quickly applied the template support magic.

In the meantime, the mages unleash ice magic over and over...

But Lucia intercepts them with Firestorm and a burst of magic energy.


The ice and fire collide, and a series of explosions occur.

The ice debris that escapes hurts our skin, but we grind our teeth and bear it.

Yukino-san is screaming again, but I harden my heart and ignore her.


"Bypass the Captain and attack the mages in the rear."


I order the Wind El.

The translucent girl soars up like a whirlwind and heads for the enemy's rear guard, the Mage Ogres.


The mages intercepted the approaching Wind Elemental with ice stones.

However, the impact of the ice was no obstacle for the Wind Elemental, which had Water Resist cast on it.

On the other hand, the lightning bolts that she unleashed hurt the mages.


The mages were at the mercy of a single Wind Elemental.

This was really a matter of compatibility.


Next Chapter


Comments