Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru 118 part 1




Chapter 118 - Familiar Contract




The words on the scroll made of wood could be read using Read Language.

First, the contents of the familiar contract are as follows.


  • The exclusive contract is a summoning contract made with specific individuals known as phantom beasts, who live in a conceptual world called the spirit world.


There was no explanation about the spirit world or the phantoms.

Lucia said she didn't know either.


  • The magic to summon a being that you already have a contract with is the same as a normal chanting in a summoning spell. You just have to rewrite it so that it fits the race that you wish to summon.


This part...I'm a little concerned about.

Because there is no chanting in the summoning spells that I use.


So, I immediately asked my laptop about it.

The answer I got was that when you cast a spell, you have to put the name of the individual in question at the end of the spell, and then recognize it by willing it.

Ah, so it was the willing it and recognizing that was important…


  • A contract can only be made with one summoner per phantom. But one contractor can contract with multiple phantoms. If another summoner wants to make a contract with the being, the contract with the previous summoner must be broken. In addition, the death of the contractor is considered a breach of contract.


  • The death of a phantom beast with which you have made a full-time contract with, constitutes a breach of contract, and the summoner will never be able to summon this individual again. Re-contracting is also impossible.


So this means that even if a phantom beast dies in this world, it's still alive and well in the spirit world, just like a normal familiar.

But if they're killed, they'll get angry and say, ‘You're using me to kill me, I'm not going to listen to you anymore.’

It's important to know that you can't use them as bait or as pawns.


  • In some cases, depending on the skill of the summoner, it may not be possible to make a professional contract, and even if it is possible, the abilities of the summoned being may be downgraded.


For example, if the summoner's rank is 5, then even if the summoner originally summons a phantom of rank 7, the performance will be reduced to rank 5.


I see, I understand now.

By the way, regarding the ritual of the contract, it seems that all you need are ancient letters written on the floor or ground and the blood of the contractor.

And apparently, Lucia knew about ancient letters.


“I wonder if I can do a contract ceremony in this classroom.”

"Why don't we just do a Q & A?"


Lucia answered immediately.

She seems to understand this white room system much better than we do.


So, we did a Q & A.


  • When you return to your original location, everything that happened in this white room will be considered to have never happened. A contract is not an exception to this rule.


“It's impossible, isn't it?"


Keiko-san said with a laugh.

Well, it was no surprise.


“Kazu-san. So, about the phantom beast that you borrowed from Leanne-san…”

"Ah, it looks like a wolf? It has a name. It's called Sha Lau, the Phantom Wolf King.”


Answered Alice.

Lucia's eyes widened.


“I've heard of it. There is an old legend about a great wolf that lives deep in the forest. He is said to be a thousand or ten thousand years old, and his body is bigger than a horse.”

“Tell me more."


What Lucia told us was a fairytale, like Kintaro or Momotaro in our world.


Sha Lau, the Phantom Wolf King, is the master of the forest who raised a human child abandoned in the forest.

Sha Lau generously gave the young child all the knowledge he possessed.

When the child grows up, he leaves the forest and becomes the ruler of a kingdom with the knowledge and wisdom he gained from the great wolf.


Sha Lau is also mentioned in another story.

In this story, a dragon and a great wolf fight for years, decades, and even centuries.

It is said that Sha Lau made friends with the dragon king during the battle, and later they joined hands to protect the peace of the world.


There are stories of human heroes challenging Sha Lau.

But even the invincible hero was defeated by the legendary giant wolf.

However, out of respect for the hero's noble attitude, the great wolf gave him his treasured holy sword.

With the help of the holy sword, the brave hero defeats the evil witch and restores peace to the kingdom.


“I don't know... It seems very strong.”

"If Sha Lau, the Phantom Wolf King, were an actual great wolf... Yes, he would be a very powerful being. After all, he was as strong as a dragon…”

"Depending on the rank of my summoning magic, it's possible that it will be downgraded. No, there's also the possibility that I can't even make a contract."


In fact, Leanne said that she could not make a contract with Sha Lau.

That's why she gave him to me.

And objectively speaking, she was quite skilled in the arts.


My summoning magic rank is 8, which means I'm probably better than Leanne...

So if I can’t make the contract, it means this is even bigger than I imagined.


In other words, I should be able to manage.

I hope that I can.


“I don't know if I'll be able to make a contract until after this battle is over. It will take about an hour to prepare for the ritual. If I go back to Leanne-san, she might be able to help me.”

"That's true. It's going to take some time to draw the plans. If Leanne, who is more experienced, can help us, we will have a better chance of success.”


The drawings didn't have to be so precise, but Lucia wasn't used to that kind of work.

And even though Read Language would allow her to read, she doesn't have the ability to apply it properly.


I wonder if there's some kind of magic called ‘Write Language’ that can make it possible to write any kind of text...

No, that would just be too convenient.


Next Chapter


Comments