Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru 117 part 2


It was something that you should probably assume, as long as there were magic users there.

I'm sure that's why Lucia wanted to kill so many with the first strike, but...

It would be bad to unleash a tenfold Fire Storm or something like that right now and have Lucia go through excessive feedback.


And more than anything, I don't want to show my hand to the enemy too much.

I had a feeling that I’d have to fight the boss of the monsters in that floating fortress someday, even if it wasn’t today.


“For now, just unleash normal shots.”


At my command, Lucia unleashes Fire Storm and Yukino-san Fire Ball.

At nearly the same time, the ogres stop moving

And they all hide behind their shields at once.


Did the order come from behind them?

It was such a neatly coordinated action.


Immediately after, there was a violent explosion.

When the blast cleared, not a single orc had fallen.

Then the three-meter giants, lined up in an orderly fashion, resumed their advance in accordance with the order.


"I see. Lucia, use Dread Flare.”

“Yes.”


The Dread Flare, a rank 6 fire magic, is a magic that creates special flames that terrify those who see it.

We all had Clear Mind cast on us.

Now, would this…work?


Let's see.

When the ogres saw the flickering, eerie flames, their movements became very erratic.

Apparently, there was nothing in the mage ogre's magic that could counteract spirit-based magic.


Some of them tried to break ranks, while others just stood there in a daze.

But only a few of the ogres seemed to be affected by Dread Flare.

However, the chaos of those few seemed to be enough to prevent any organized action.


That was good.

However, our only method for ranged attack is magic.

With Mia out of the picture, we have no choice but to rely on fire magic, even if it is less effective.


"Lucia, Yukino-san, fire three shots each for now. Alice and Keiko, you go in from the left and right. Cut into them right after the third shot."


I gave them quick instructions.

I would use Wind Elemental to protect us.


Alice and Keiko started to run, splitting up to the left and right.

At the same time, Lucia and Yikino unleashed a chain of fire magic.


Unlike earlier, the ogre's ranks were badly disrupted.

The shields could not prevent the blast, and two of the ogres who were hit directly fell down.

At this point, Yukino-san announced, ‘I've leveled up.’


A moment later.

We appeared in the familiar white room.





This time, the people in the white room were very different from usual.

Aside from me, Alice, and Lucia, the remaining two are Keiko-san and Yukino-san.

Yukino-san was looking at Mia Vender curiously.


"Oh, I see. Yukino-san hasn't reached level 10 yet, right?

"Ye-yes. I have just reached level 9…now.”.


Why was she speaking so politely to me, who was her junior?

In addition, she blatantly averted his eyes.

Well, due to everything that has happened, I understood why things were awkward.


And so…

I think I should be the one to approach her.


"I don't mind."


So saying, I put a hand on Alice's shoulder from behind.

Alice let out a ‘Uh! Uh! Ah!’


“I want to value the future more than the past. Above all, I want to protect the people I love. If you can help me do that, I will fight for you too, Yukino-san."

"Well, um..."


Yukino-san's cheeks flushed a little, and she put her hand over her mouth hesitantly.


“A-are you and Alice-san, lovers…?”

“Ah, yes. That’s right.”


Yukino-san alternates between looking at me and Alice.

She stares.

Hard.


"Well... You two have already had…slept together?”


Why are you asking us that now?

I put on a poker face.

But Alice turned bright red and turned away.


Oh no, she is unable to lie.

But I don't care. It’s not like we were hiding anything.


“No, no. It's just that, you know, after these life and death situations and getting excited, and then spending a lot of time together in the white room etcetera, I thought that you would become closer! There are so many couples in the high school, it's amazing!

"Oh, yeah... Is that really true?”


In stories, especially war stories, it's common for people to get excited after a battle.

And they may have a sense of needing to be close to their comrades.


Ah, now that I think of it, in Greece or somewhere, there had even been a unit of all male couples...

I heard they were really strong…

Well, it makes sense that they would be strong, since they would both be desperate to protect their lovers...


No, I don't need to talk about that now.

Let's get back to the subject.


For those of us fighting in the skill system, there isn’t much of a gap between genders.

That's why it's quite possible for lovers to form a team, or rather, having love affairs within a team could be advantageous.

Yes, that's why it's possible for me to be in love with both Alice and Tamaki.


It can't be helped.

Both Alice and Tamaki are very important to me now.

And Mia is also very important to me, but in a different way.


And so I can't help it.

It's not my fault.


Self-justification complete.

Well, nevermind that…


“In any case, I'm going to take a break for a while, if that's okay.”


I said that, and took out the two bundles of wooden scrolls that Leanne had given me.

The first is a scroll that describes the rituals of a familiar contract, and the second is a scroll that describes the higher-level demons that even Leanne could not make contracts with.

The white room really was convenient for reading, wasn't it?


Comments